Categories of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you when you register for a Site account, place an order with us, subscribe to monikachiang.com E-mail Updates (our e-mail newsletter), or otherwise send a request or inquiry to us. In general, the types of personal information we collect include:
• Registration Information: When you register with us, we may collect your name, shipping and billing address, e-mail, phone number and other contact information.
• Order History: When you make purchases with us, we collect and store information about your purchases, such as the order date, order amount and items purchased, your contact and shipping information, and the like.
• Purchases: We are currently not accepting online orders but you may purchase items from us by placing a phone order. To make a purchase with us, you may submit a request through our Site. We will collect information about the items you would like to purchase, as well as your name, phone number, mailing and e-mail address, and other relevant contact information through the Site. Then, one of our retail sales associates will contact you and assist you with placing your order over the phone. If you make a purchase over the phone, we will collect your shipping and payment information, such as you credit or debit card number, expiration date and other information necessary to process your payment. While we will store information about your order, as noted in “Order History” above, we will only use your credit card payment information to process your payment.
• Other Information: We also collect and store information about any inquiries or communications you submit to us, and any promotions in which you participate at our Site. In addition, we collect your e-mail address and name if you sign up to receive information about the latest deals, promotions and information from us and our affiliates. In addition, we may receive other aggregate, demographic information about our customers.
We may also collect personal information about you from other third parties, such as demographic firms, to make our future service and marketing efforts more efficient and personalized for you.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we use the information we collect from you, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
• To contact you by phone to assist you in placing your order
• To process and fulfill your order, including sending you e-mails to confirm your order status and shipment, or to otherwise communicate with you about your order
• To communicate with you about your account or orders
• If you have opted in, to send you marketing information by e-mail, postal mail and/or text message, about our products, services, contests, and promotions
• To help us learn more about your shopping preferences, to develop and provide products and services tailored to your interests and to otherwise personalize your experiences at our Site
• To better understand how users access and use our Site on an aggregate level
• To provide troubleshooting, technical support and customer service to users
• To help us address problems with and improve our Site design, products and services
• To enhance your shopping experience
• To analyze trends and statistics and for research purposes
• To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes, unless we receive your consent. However, we may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
• Affiliates: We may share your personal information with other members of the Monika Chiang family of companies (e.g. Monika Chiang’s affiliates and subsidiaries). When we do, they may only use personal information for the purposes described in this policy.
• Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents that perform functions on our behalf. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information and to only use it for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us.
• Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
• Legal Process: We may also disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with other third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent-based cookies.
• Session Cookies: Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests, store the items you have added to your shopping cart, and verify your identity after you have logged in and as you move through our Site.
• Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
Third Party Cookies. In addition, we may permit certain third party cookies to be placed on our Site. For example, we may engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally identifiable Site data. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and services and to analyze usage. We do not provide these third parties with any personal information that we have collected about you.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Site visitors who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, many site features, such as the shopping cart, will not function if you disable cookies.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We or the third parties we engage to track and analyze Site data may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to help us better manage content on the Site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash cookies through your browser. Click here to learn how to manage your settings for Flash cookies.
Your Choices Regarding Marketing
We use personal information that you provide to us to send you direct mail or e-mail advertisements for products or services that we or other companies that we work with offer and that we think you may be interested in. If at any time you would like to stop receiving these promotional e-mails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mail about your account, any orders you have placed, or for other customer-service purposes.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Websites provided by Monika Chiang may include links to other Internet sites maintained by third parties. Monika Chiang provides these links to you solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of these links and associated sites does not imply endorsement by Monika Chiang of the linked sites. You access these sites at your own risk and by accessing them you leave Monika Chiang's website. Linked sites are not under the control of Monika Chiang and Monika Chiang is not responsible for the content of these websites.
This site is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from, or target our Site to, children under the age of 13. If we become aware that any child under the age of 13 has submitted any personal information to us through the Site, we will delete his or her information from our files.
We maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information transmitted to us using this website. You should be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
There are also certain steps you should take to safeguard your account and information. For example, you should select a secure password that only you know, and should always sign out of your account when finished. It is your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of your password in order to prevent unauthorized access to your account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and password. You should immediately change your password and notify us if you discover or suspect any unauthorized use of your account.
This policy replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided you about our information practices. We reserve the right to change this policy, and to apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. If there are material changes to this policy, or if our information practices change materially with regard to personal information that we have previously collected from you, we will notify you by posting the policy changes on our website with a new effective date and/or notifying you by email.